Monday, January 18, 2016

Grandma Donna Call

My Grandma is 60 years older than me.

She and I are also just about the same height.  We measure every so often and I squish down her poofy hair (because that's cheating).

My grandma passed away on her 93 birthday.  With all of her kids around.

She was as healthy as a horse, until about 9 months ago, she started to deteriorate.  She could no longer live in her house by herself.  She had to be put into an assisted living.  Then on her birthday, January 12th, she passed away.

When I first heard the news I started to cry.  It wasn't even that I was sad, just really emotional, grateful, and happy that Grandma finally got her wish. She has wanted to see Grandpa ever since his passing, 23 years ago.

When I was in the second grade, I started writing 'Kami Donna Call' on all of my school papers. I didn't have a middle name, so I figured that I needed to give myself one. After a year of writing that on all of my school papers, we went to court to get my name officially changed to Kami Donna Call. When I was married I kept Donna. Then I named my first daughter after my Grandma as well.

Grandma, Happy Birthday! I hope that Maycee and I can do good to your name.

We'll see you!

No comments: