Sunday, October 18, 2009

Super Saturday

Party for the Relief Society!! On Saturday we had our annual "Super Saturday". This is where all of our Relief Society sisters get together and make crafts or take classes to learn different skills. I have been so excited for the last month. I signed up for the cupcake class.

A sister in our ward, Jamie, decorates cupcakes in the coolest way. Jamie had a table set up with some of the cupcakes she had decorated. Sorry, I forgot to bring my camera to the class so you'll have to use your imagination with my descriptions. The coolest cupcakes were her spaghetti and meatballs. She had a group of twelve cupcakes placed closely together and then using a tip on tubed icing, she drizzled white frosting on top of the cupcakes to look like noodles. On top of the noodles she had ferrero rocher chocolates as the meatballs. As her sauce she used raspberry jam and drizzled it over the meatballs. As her final touch, she grated white chocolate over her masterpiece to look like Parmesan cheese. IT LOOKED SO COOL!!!!

These are the cupcakes that I decorated. They are not nearly as cool as Jamie's, but I tried. This first one is for Halloween...just in case you couldn't tell.

These cupcakes are my turkeys. They were kind of destroyed in my car. Originally they looked like big orange, white, and brown feathers. In the car they melted and fell. It was chocolate that we drizzled on wax paper and put in the freezer to set...the sun made them 'unset'.

These are my cute coconut snowmen. As an aside, everything that Jamie used in her cupcakes are edible. And I mean EVERYTHING!!! This was way fun. I am now learned in the art of cupcake decorating...kind of.

No comments: