Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Stephen "isms"

On Sunday we were running out the door to make it to church early. Our church is at 8:20. Yes, I just wrote 8:20. As in the AM.

I grabbed the doorknob to the door of the garage and my fingers gripped grim. I instantly started thinking of the ways that I could have made that doorknob sticky, but couldn't think of one single thing. I asked Stephen about it on the way to church.

"Do you know how the doorknob on the garage door got sticky?"

Stephen gave me "the look" and replied, "I had syrup on my hands when I opened the door this morning..."

If you can't imagine the face he gave me, let me paint you a picture. Mind you, this is the same look he gives me every time he has done something that was NOT kosher. Wide eyed and innocent. Like it really wasn't that big of a deal that he plastered syrup all over the knob and didn't clean it up.

When relating this story to one of my friends at church, she rolled her eyes and said, "Get used to it." The woman I told this to has been married for 40+ years.

I am already raising a two-year-old. The only problem is that the two-year-old is in a grown man's body.

No comments: