Monday, August 16, 2010

People

Person #1

Stephen and I have visited the lab at St. Al's numerous times. Our poor little one has to get her foot poked WAY too often for this darn jaundice thing...however we meet the most interesting people there...we will call one such person the diaper butt lady.

While visiting the lab an eighty-year-old lady walks up to Stephen and I and sees the car seat covered with a blanket. She says, "What are you hiding under there?"

Stephen and I replied, "A baby," as Stephen begins to uncover her and show her off.

The eighty-year-old lady begins to coo over the cute newborn and begins to involve two other old ladies sitting in the waiting room.

It is way fun having a newborn! People comment on how cute she is, how little she is, and generally make Mom and Dad feel great!

As our new eighty-year old friend goes in the back to have her blood drawn she says this to the nurse who was to take her blood, "You better do this right! The last guy didn't do such a good job!"

He he he...I love old people!



Person #2


Stephen and I frequent a local video store called 69 cent HQ. I know, crazy name.

When I was eight and a half months pregnant we went to this video store with Morgan and Jess. Upon arriving at this beloved store I felt the very urgent call of my bladder. I waddled into the store with Stephen and requested a bathroom. The workers immediately got this distressed look on their faces.

I was not allowed to use the bathrooms.

Instead I had to waddle all the way down to the other end of the strip mall to use the bathroom at Papa John's Pizza. Gggrrrr.

A few days ago Stephen and I again went to our local video store, with Maycee in tow, to find another movie. At the checkout, one of the workers said, "Hey, I remember you! You were the pregant lady who had to use the bathroom! Can we see you baby?...Aaahhhh she's so cute!"

I think that they were obligated to say that Maycee was cute because they turned me down for the bathroom. Granted, Maycee is the cutest baby ever, but these people saw Maycee when she was still in the oven cooking.

No comments: