Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I cannot even put into words how I felt today.

Our church starts at 9am and it was my week to play the organ.  About 9 months ago the Bishop called 6 pianists to learn to play the organ.  It's been a little rough, but I'm still alive.

Stephen stood up with Cooper and walked to the front, at the appointed time, to give him his blessing.  I walked down from the organ so that I could take notes during the blessing.  I could tell right after Stephen started the blessing that he was choked up.  Cooper was quiet the whole time.

This morning I told Cooper that his dad was going to give him a blessing from Heavenly Father.  I told him that he needed to be quiet and listen to what his dad was going to tell him.  It really felt like he did.  The things that were said to Cooper were so beautiful.  I could tell that Stephen was listening very carefully to say the right things.  He is such a good priesthood holder.

After the blessing, I walked back up to the organ to play the sacrament hymn.  I was very overwhelmed by what had been said.  I played the hymn pretty well, but when the song ended I continued to play so that the boys could finish preparing the sacrament.  As I leaned forward to turn the music down to play softer, my hand bumped one of the button settings for the organ.  It happened to be the 10th setting designed for VERY loud pieces.  I normally play with the 3rd setting.

It was loud.

I actually handled the glitch very smoothly, if I do say so myself, but it was a very uncomfortable minute or two.  My family said the look on my face was priceless when I did it.

All in all it was a very peaceful day.

I don't have pictures of Cooper in his blessing outfit yet, but I'll post them soon.

We had fun with the camera tonight.










P.S. As a side note...because I totally have to remember this...Charisse almost left Buster in Boise. Maycee is the one who saw her and got Stephen to see that they had left her. Good job Maycee!

No comments: