Thursday, January 23, 2014

Preschool-Batman

Today we had another preschool field trip.

To the dentist!!!

Maycee has been SO excited to go and see the dentist.  I scheduled the whole thing.  We went to see our dentist, Dr. Hymas.  It just so happens that our dentist is Maycee's swimming teacher's dad.  ...If you got all that.  I kept telling her we were going to see Stacie's dad.  I wanted her to be excited for this trip.  And she was for a whole week and a half.  When we got to the office it was another story.

Maycee became very shy and reluctant when we walked into the back room to learn about taking care of our teeth.  She wouldn't let go of my hand.  She allowed Dr. Hymas to put one of the dental tools on her fingernail after she had watched every other kid get the same thing done to them first.  That happened with all of the other tricks that Dr. Hymas tried to 'perform' with the kids.  Maycee was always last.  I really hope that she will do okay with her first dental appointment.

On to another note...Cooper is the funniest kid on the planet.  I think he will be our comedian of the family.  Along with the title of 'Stunt Man' and 'Trouble-Maker'.

For Christmas, I made the kids capes.  Maycee isn't a fan of hers.  Cooper loves his.  The other morning he requested to wear his and then grabbed the closest Batman figure he could find, Bat girl.  I asked Cooper where Batman was and he looked and his figurine.  After he realized that it wasn't Batman, he threw her down.

Whenever the cape first goes on, Cooper runs around the couch in it.  I think he likes the way it blows behind him.  He also has a Batman voice.  I have no idea how he came up with it because he refuses to sit and watch anything.  His Batman voice is deep and gravely.  He calls him 'Ahban', in his Batman voice.

I love it.

No comments: