Sunday, May 24, 2015

Whole 30

So.

About six months ago Stephen brought home a book, It Starts With Food.  He thought it was the most amazing thing in the entire world.

I disagreed with it.

He told me to read it.

So I did.

And here we stand in the drudges of a Whole 30.  Honestly, I am really excited!  And we have eaten some really amazing food.  We eat meats, tons of veggies, fruits, and healthy fats.  That is basically it.  For 30 days.  Today is supposed to be day 8...but I messed everyone up by feeding us all an ingredient that is a BIG 'no no' for the program, so we had to re-start.  So we are on Day 3.

I have always had a hard time with food.  Or should I just say that food hates me.  It has been a very complicated relationship my whole life, but I think it is getting worse with age.  (Did I seriously just write the word age?!)  I want to eat food that doesn't make me sick.  I want to know what makes me sick so I can steer clear of it.  After 30 days of whole eating we slowly introduce other food groups to see how those foods react with our bodies.

The process of eating these kinds of foods are definitely more expensive, and almost absurdly more work, but we are going to give this a try.  Even if it kills me.  AND if I spend the next 30 days preparing food and doing dishes.  AND listening to children who want goldfish crackers and waffles. (We can't have those for the next 30 days.)

In an effort to make eating more exciting for the kids, we ate lunch on our 'little' table.


I COULD NOT GET EVERYONE TO LOOK AT THE CAMERA!!!



 And the final one was my fail...



Here is to our family Whole 30.

No comments: