Sunday, July 5, 2015

Independence Day

I read something that said that we are celebrating Independence Day, not the Fourth of July.  When I read that, I thought, 'I totally agree!'  So we are celebrating Independence Day.

We had a lot of fun on the fourth.  Heck, our fun started on the third.







We went down Banks, near Boise, on Friday.  I was terrified leading up to the day.  I had actually blocked the even from my mind because I didn't want to think about it.  We really had a blast!! Thanks guys, for the fun float!!

On Saturday we were prepared.

We rode our bikes to Middleton Road and sat and waited for the parade.  Even though it was over a hundred degrees we really enjoyed ourselves.


I just have to put a little plug in...Maycee designed the shirt she is wearing.  I just did what she told me to.  I think she did an awesome job!  She designed it after looking at our flag.









That evening we met up with Rustin and Nicole and their family, with Marc and Kenna and their family, and with Mom and Dad Post.  We went swimming, had dinner, and swam, and ate some more, and swam some more.  I love that Maycee loves to swim.  It is really fun.  Cooper loves to squirt people with the squirt guns.  Ollie just wandered about the pool in his swim suit until someone gave him more food to eat.

I love this picture of Maycee!...AND the next one!!



Here's Evie!!


Check out that dive!  I was pretty impressed with myself.


It was really funny to watch Maycee and Conner play together.


That evening we found a new location for fireworks.  Star!  Only 7 minutes away from our house!!!





Maycee and Cooper wanted me to take pictures of them running.  All I got was blurs...they were that fast ;)


Family selfie session!!  I love the goofy faces of the kiddos!






Dancing to the music





The kiddos after the fireworks.  They were dead tired.  I love them all squished in the double stroller.




I LOVE Independence Day!!  The fireworks that we went to in Star were AMAZING!!  I saw fireworks that I had never seen before.  And I have seen a lot of firework shows.  Great firework shows.  My favorite part about the show in Star was how patriotic the whole thing was.  We weren't just going to a firework show, they showed us fireworks to all of the most patriotic songs.  They even told really awesome stories about our nation's beginnings.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

No comments: