Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Dirty Dash

A few months ago, Krystal found a new "fun thing to do in Boise". Stephen, Shane, and Krystal were all pumped. That is until Krystal started to "train" for this event. I LOVE YOU KRYS! There's no way I would have done it! Baby or not...

The Dirty Dash is a race they have been doing for a while in Salt Lake and just started to do this year in Boise. This race in a 10K up a ski hill. When I say hill, I really mean mountain. I couldn't believe what they ran up!

The race was Saturday, September 18th. The runners were Stephen and Shane. The obstacles were a mountain, a root beer, a water slide, and a giant mud pit.
Here is the before picture:
Here are the after pictures:
Honestly, I can't believe they made it out as clean as they did. That mud pit was intense. They even had strings going across the mud pit indicating that they had to go underneath the strings to get through the obstacle.

The strings were laying on top of the mud.

People were diving head first in the mud.

Personally, I think that they were the first people to the mud pit and it was water at that point. They were that fast.

These water spickets were set up to rinse off the muddy runners. Stephen said they were freezing.


Here's the glorious mud pit.

Any takers for next year? They have an option to run as teams! FYI, all of the teams were dressed up in awesome costumes. I'm very sad that I don't have pictures of those...

No comments: