Monday, May 9, 2011

MY man is SUPERman!

This weekend has been a whirlwind of events. It was so full that when we were driving home last night at midnight, I felt that I had been gone from my home in Boise for weeks!

Friday, when Stephen got home from work, we piled into the car and drove to Spanish Fork, UT to visit family. Brandon, Mitzi, Samantha, and Beth.

We arrived at their home at 7pm and immediately Maycee was mauled by our two nieces. Maycee's new best friends are Sam and Beth...and of course I forgot my camera.

The purpose of my blog post is to brag on Stephen...he is AMAZING! Stephen and Brandon have been training to run the Ogden Marathon. The marathon is in two weeks. Saturday was the last real l o n g run before the marathon. And long it was. Twenty miles. Stephen did every step of that in 80 degree weather in a very strong, relentless headwind.

Mitzi and I were in the car driving the 20 miles to check up on the guys with our three girls in tow.

We first checked on them at 7 miles. Stephen looked great. He was ready to conquer Mt. Everest.

We checked on them at 10 miles. Still looking good and holding out strong.

Check at 15 miles. Stephen was definitely tired. I was getting nervous. I didn't want him to push too hard and get hurt.

Check at 17 miles. Stephen was dehydrated, sun-burned, and slowing down. BUT he kept going.

Check at 18.5 miles. Stephen asked if I would walk with him for a quarter of a mile. He wasn't hurt, but he was tired. He was also determined to finish.

FINISH LINE! Stephen ran strong at the end and made the 20 miles.

Now Stephen just has to add 6.2 miles to that for the marathon...

Sunday was Mother's Day. It was my first with an official child outside of the womb.

We had a cute little card to give to my mother-in-law. It was all set up. Maycee had the card tied on her back and she was supposed to crawl to Grandma so she could have her card.

Apparently Maycee doesn't crawl on command. Grandma still got her card.

After breakfast we all drove to Roy, UT for Stephen's cousin's mission homecoming talk. It was really awesome to see him and remember what it felt like to be a fresh returned missionary. I think I had it easy because I had Kory with me. It definitely would have been a lot harder without him.

After meeting at Stephen's cousin's house afterward, chit chatting, and getting reacquainted we were again on the road. Poor little Maycee was in her car seat A LOT this weekend.

We drove to the farm where we surprised my mom with a Mother's Day visit. We tried the same "crawling with the card" trick with my mom and it didn't work then either. Maycee just ended up sitting on the floor next to the kitchen bar and Karli finally turned around and screamed when she saw Maycee. My mom thought she saw a mouse or something and turned to see Maycee. She also screamed and ran to pick Maycee up...Don't worry I'm sure she was excited to see me and Stephen, but had conveniently forgotten about us in her excitement of seeing Maycee.

Our arrival back at our Boise abode was not until 12:15am on Monday morning. We were beat. We put Maycee in her crib and crawled into our beds.

I think we need another weekend to recoup from our weekend.

1 comment:

As the farm turns said...

Stephen is going to do awesome on the race and Maycee is so cute it was so good to see you guys thanks so much for stopping in