Friday, May 27, 2011

Plant Garden...Check!

Again this season is late. Technically I wasn't even supposed to plant yet because there was still snow on the mountain to the North-East...I can't remember what it is called...but according to Boise legend you are not supposed to plant until the snow is off the mountain. It is May 27th! So...I planted.

I started yesterday and finished up today. I planted strawberries, zucchini, cucumbers, peppers, green beans, tomatoes, onions, and carrots.

I tried something new this year. This is the third year that I have planted a garden. For the last two years I have gotten four zucchinis and then those darn squash bugs kill my plant. Every time! A friend of mine told me that bugs hate the smell of marigolds. Marigolds are now surrounding my cucumber and zucchini.

I am expecting no death to come to my plants...or else...

Stinky Flower...this one said it was a french marigold.

No comments: