Sunday, June 24, 2012

Birthday Week

Stephen and I are 6 days apart.  He is 6 days older than I am.  From Stephen's birthday, June 18th, to mine, June 24th, I consider it birthday week.
This year we decided to both get scriptures and then spend about $20 on each other for a surprise gift.  Stephen blew our whole budget out of wack when he surprised me with these:






Stephen had my brother, Kory, build me some night stands.

They.

Are.

Awesome.

My brother is amazing!  I have been looking for night stands for years.  I am not exaggerating when I say years.  I was cleaning out my e-mail the other day and I finally deleted an e-mail from 2010 that I had sent to Stephen to show him some "possibilities" for night stands on craigslist.

THANK YOU STEPHEN AND KORY!!!  ...You are both my favorite people right now.

Stephen surprised me with the night stands a couple of weeks before my birthday at my parents' house while we were visiting with Kory and Charisse.  It was awesome.

I was kind of a slacker wife this year with Stephen's birthday.  I ordered his gift a little late this year off of amazon.  In my defense, his birthday totally snuck up on me this year...

I bought him Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk on blue ray.  And since they were not in the mailbox in time for Stephen's birthday, I drew him 2 perfect replica's of the DVD covers.  Actually they were as close to the real thing as I could come.  I am an awful artist, BUT I do think I made them pretty funny.

That day Maycee, Cooper, and I took Stephen on a picnic lunch for his lunch break at work.  At night we took him to Buffalo Wild Wings.  I'm kind of sad that it wasn't as good as I hoped.  I don't think that I would go there again.  Sorry Stephen!

My birthday was on a Sunday this year.  I had completely forgotten, until Stephen reminded me 30 minutes before church, that I was supposed to play the organ.  That stressed me out.  I was also substitute teaching in primary.  I didn't get all the things finished for my lesson because we had to rush to church.

After a stressful church meeting, Stephen made me dinner.  I love that man.  AND he made me another cheesecake!  ...I really love that man!

Well...here's to next year.

The Big 3-0.

No comments: