Sunday, July 22, 2012

Lucky Peak

Last night Stephen and I took Maycee and Cooper to the little lake at Lucky Peak.  I love doing fun things as a family!

We parked all of our stuff on the beach and headed down to the water.  Stephen with Cooper and me with Maycee.

Stephen was busy putting together Cooper's floatie while Maycee was dragging me into the water.  Literally.  It takes me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to submerge myself in water.  Maycee was pulling my finger trying to drag me in quicker.  She finally let go of me and dove in.  She loves the water and is doing so well in it!

After we had been in the water for an hour, Maycee was freezing.  However, she did not want to get out of the water.  She was shivering and her lips were blue, but she wanted to stay.  After a few more minutes she was done and wanted her "tahwahl!"  Aka towel.

Maycee and I cuddled for a good five minutes!  If that is what I have to do to get my kid to cuddle with me, so be it.

After cuddling Maycee and I chased the geese while Cooper and Stephen were sunbathing/taking a nap.  We followed the geese for a while and the geese kept walking away.  Maycee kept shouting, "Geese...come back!  Come back!"  Finally, as Maycee wrenched her hand from my grip and charged a goose, it turned around and hissed at her.  I quickly grabbed her hand and said that the geese were done playing with us and went back to wake up Stephen.

We had fun.

No comments: