Monday, September 24, 2012

Funny church stories

Yesterday was the primary program.

I love the primary program.

This one, however, was a little different for me.

For the last couple of weeks Maycee has been really good during sacrament meeting.  I really don't know what the change was, but she sits quietly during the sacrament and will entertain herself the rest of the time.  That is not normal Maycee, but I am definitely happy about the change.  This particular Sunday her eyes were glued to the front of the chapel, where the kids were performing.

The first primary song that they opened with was "I Am A Child Of God".

Maycee was standing on her chair, and when they started to sing that song she sung along right with them.  As she was singing the first verse, very loudly by the way, I started to cry.  It made me feel like there is something that I am doing right.  I'm not saying this to brag, but being a mom is H-A-R-D and a lot of times I feel like I am not doing it right, so while she was singing that song it made my heart swell.

As the kids finished the chorus to their song they started the second verse, "I am a child of God..." all of the verses start that way.  Maycee started to sing as well, but when their words were different than the ones she knew, she kind of mumbled out and then started up again just as loud on the chorus.  Apparently I've never sung the other verses to her.

When church was over I carried Cooper in his car seat to go pick up Maycee from nursery.  All three of us were walking down the hall in a big cluttered mess.  The hallway gets pretty crazy after church and it was a little difficult to navigate while holding Cooper in the car seat and still trying to hold Maycee's hand.  Brother Olaso, in the ward, saw my predicament and carried Cooper's car seat for me to the doors of the church house, where Stephen was waiting for me.

Maycee doesn't know Brother Olaso.  The instant that he picked up Cooper's car seat for me she went crazy!  She started to yell at Brother Olaso, "NO!!  MY PEEKER, MY PEEKER!!!!!  NO! NO! NO!  MY PEEKER!!"

It was so funny and cute all at the same time.  She is very possessive of her brother.  I am very glad that she recognizes the "stranger danger" thing.  Brother Olaso let Cooper down, while he was carrying him so that Maycee could still touch him and see him.  That didn't stop her from yelling.  She yelled the whole time he was carrying Cooper.

Thanks Maycee for watching out for your brother...and thanks to Brother Olaso who still carried my child while the other was probably embarrassing him.

No comments: