Monday, November 26, 2012

Kindness

Mondays are grocery shopping days.

I'm actually coming to enjoy this chore more now that I have kids.  I know that is weird, but I do.

Today was a little sad for Maycee.

She is getting a little more freedom at the grocery store.  Sometimes she gets to get out of the cart and walk next to me.  For the most part she does pretty good!  Today she was helping me pick out some frozen veggies.  Unbeknownst to me, her little fingers were crunched inside the door when I opened the freezer to get out her corn.

As I shut the door I saw the pain on her face and then came the wailing.  I felt SO BAD!!!  We sat on the cement floor of the grocery store and held each other as she cried.  An older woman walked up to us after we'd been sitting there for at least 5 minutes and started up a conversation with Maycee.

"Are you excited for Christmas?  Have you been a good girl, so Santa can come?  Is this your little brother or sister in the cart with you? (Cooper was covered up and asleep) You are such a pretty little girl."

Maycee just sat in my lap and stared at her.  But she stopped crying.

The old woman sat with us for a minute and then went about her way.

I am so happy to know that there are still kind people out there.

No comments: