Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving!

Wow.

Crazy Day!

For the first time in my life I made Thanksgiving Dinner.  (When I say "I", I mean me with Stephen right there holding my hand while I was freaking out and he was running around doing 'honey do's'.) It was quite stressful.  But we made it through.

Just before we put the turkey in the oven and rubbed it down, Maycee caught sight of the bird.

"What's that!"

"It's a turkey,"  Stephen said.

Maycee and the turkey became immediate friends.  "Hi Turkey!" she said.

I didn't have the heart to tell her what was going to happen to the bird.

All goofing aside...I love the Thanksgiving Holiday and the purpose for which we have it.  I don't know how to really put all of my gratitude onto "paper" with out it sounding super cheesy or giving a big list, so I won't.

I am SO grateful to a Father in Heaven who loves me and takes care of me.

No comments: