Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Green Juice

Last night we made Green Smoothies for Family Home Evening.  Maycee loves them.  Cooper doesn't.  I saved Cooper's in the fridge.

This morning Maycee asked if she could have some green juice.

I replied, "Fine, you can have Coopers."

Maycee drank the smoothie and then asked again, "Mom, I want the green juice."

"Maycee, I already gave you the green juice.  I don't have any more green juice.  You drank it all."

Maycee walked over to the fridge and opened the door.  She pointed to the top shelf and said, "I want that green juice."

That green juice she pointed to was the lemon juice.  At first I was going to tell her no, but then I thought better of it....

"Sure.  You can try the green juice."

I pulled out one of Maycee's cups and poured a tiny bit of juice into the bottom of the cup.  I handed the cup to Maycee and watched the scene unfold.  She slowly lifted the cup to her lips and drank a little bit.  Her body visibly shuddered and she pulled the cup away from her lips.  She puckered.

"Maycee, how was your juice?" I asked.

"Good!"

"Do you want some more?"  She hadn't even finished the little bit that was in her cup.

"Nnnnooooooo."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.  That was fun.

No comments: