Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Maycee

I remember my parents telling me all the time that I was the "practice kid".  They had no idea how to parent and so they made all of the mistakes with me.

It really bothered me back in the day.

Now I completely understand.

Poor Maycee.  She is our practice kid.

We started potty training Maycee in December of 2012.  I know.  Forever ago.  She wasn't really getting it.  We went hard core for about 2 months and then gave her a break.  This went on until I put my foot down.  I was not having three children in diapers.  By June of 2013, Maycee was doing awesome.  She had it figured out.  However, I was terrified of night time.  She still wore diapers to bed.

After we had Oliver, Maycee went backwards.  She went back to peeing in her underwear.  Just a little.  Then she finished in the toilet.  Laundry has been a nightmare.  Going through about 4 pairs of pants a day makes for having to do laundry A LOT more.

A week and a half ago Maycee was still wearing diapers to bed.  She peed in her underwear just a little bit, then ran to the bathroom to finish.  Frustrated, I said, "Maycee why do you keep peeing in your underwear?"

Maycee replied, "I was wearing a diaper Mom!"

...Maycee thought she was still wearing her diaper from the night before.  I felt like an awful Mom.  I hate potty training.  I don't know what I'm doing!!!!

The next night Maycee wore underwear to bed.  She peed before going to bed and then we woke her up before Stephen and I went to bed to take her to the bathroom.  She's only had two accidents.  I think that she's finally got it.  No more diapers.

I love this little girl.  Maycee, I'm so sorry that Mommy has no idea what she's doing!!

Maycee has started another new thing this year.  Primary.  The very first Sunday of the year, I was released as the primary pianist.  I was kind of sad because I wanted to see how Maycee was going to do in Primary.  The replacement pianist was having a lot of pain in her wrists and asked if I could take over that day.  I was very grateful that I was able to watch Maycee. This is what ensued.

Whenever I was not playing the music I would peek over the piano to see how Maycee was doing.  I would wave my little heart out.  I was so proud!  My little girl was growing up!!  About five minutes before they were released for classes, Maycee walked over to my bench.  "Mom, I'm hungry."

I told her that I fed her breakfast and I would feed her again when church was over, but that she needed to sit back down with her class.  She sat down.  Thirty seconds later she was back.  With a loaf of bread.  "Mom, I want to eat this."

I have no idea where she got that.

It was at that moment I was very glad that I would no longer be in primary with Maycee.

I took the loaf of bread and sat her back down with her class, while another teacher sat next to her so I could play while the kids were filing out.

Here is to the new primary pianist!!

No comments: