Friday, February 21, 2014

Mommy & Maycee Date Night

I really need to start taking my camera on our date nights.  This girl cracks me up.

The third Thursday are official Maycee date nights.  One month it's Daddy's turn and the next it is Mommy's.  For our evening of events, we went shopping!!  Every little girls dream, right?  Maycee really needs some new clothes.  She's growing like a weed.

While in the car, going to one of our destinations, Maycee says at a stoplight, "Holy cow!  That's a lot of lights."

I turned to my left and saw a car lot.  She proceeded to ask me everything she could think of about the car lot.  "What do they do there?  Is that your car lot?  Is that my car lot.  Is it that cars lot?"

At the mall we stopped at the indoor kiddo playground.  Maycee immediately attached herself to a little girl close to her age that was wearing a princess sweatshirt.  "Who's on your shirt?"  She asked the little girl.  To get a better look, Maycee grabbed her sweatshirt.  That's when I intervened.

To end our evening we got ice cream.  Maycee had her own bowl of strawberry ice cream while I had a bowl of brownie a la mode.  She chugged that stuff.  I warned her to slow down.  Half way in to her ice cream Maycee stopped.  Her eyes started to flinch and she began to whimper.  She pushed her ice cream away and shivered.

"Maycee, that is called an ice cream headache.  That's why we are supposed to eat ice cream slowly.  Do you want to take the rest of the ice cream to the car?"

Maycee nodded and I started to get up to leave.  Five seconds later she pulled the ice cream back and again began to shovel.

Date nights rock!

No comments: