Monday, September 29, 2014

Oliver is 1!

Ollie has finally had his birthday.  I thought, that since he shared a birthday with my dad, that it was only fitting for them to celebrate together.

So.

Off to the farm we went.

To celebrate Oliver and Dad's birthdays together.

Harvest was supposed to be happening, but a big, fat, huge rainstorm stopped those plans.  The last time we were on the farm during harvest was right after Maycee turned 1.  Cooper has not experienced that yet!  I know!!  Anyway, we had fun without the big trucks and the potatoes.  Dad gave us a fancy, schmancy tour of the new cellar anyway.



This picture is really cool.  You can't even tell what it is!  AND you definitely couldn't see the moisture in the air until I took this picture.  This is a long hallway in between the two cellars.  Water was circulating through the center.  I tried to get a picture of how long it was, but didn't realize all the moisture in that air.

 
Dad made this amazingly level pile of potatoes with his own two hands.  Oh, and the conveyor belts.









I love this picture.


Sunday was the big day.  I'd been preparing for this for a LONG time.  I'm pretty sure I got one of Ollie's presents in June.  Kory and Charisse and Boston and Bridger came along to celebrate.




Dad's current favorite dessert is white sheet cake topped with a cream cheese concoction then strawberry Danish Dessert drizzled on top.  Ollie's first cake was made like Dads.

Dad was pitching a fit the entire time we were putting on the 54 candles.  Light them, we still did.


Dad and Ollie dug in even before the candles were lit.  AND before the birthday song!




Dad almost blew the candles out all by himself.  I was impressed.  Cooper really wanted to help.  Don't tell, but I'm pretty sure Cooper's blowing of the candles consisted of a lot of saliva.




I took SO many pictures of Ollie and his cake.




I have to tell you about the awesomeness that I am learning to create!

Cake pops.  I am getting really good.

For Ollie and Dad's birthday I made three kinds.  Pink Lemonade, Funfetti, and Chocolate with toffee pieces.  THEY WERE SO GOOD!!!


Keep coming back to Ollie...










Ollie got a bath right after this picture was taken.


Maycee was a big help with Oliver's presents.




Yep.  Got this in June.


Here's Dad's present!  He is so proud of himself.




Thanks for the fun party, guys!

1 comment:

Shane and Krystal Skaar said...

So sad I missed the epic party!!