Thursday, September 25, 2014

We have a new address.

On September 19, Friday, Stephen and I began our move.  I was quite proud of my moving organizational skills.  I'm the bomb.  Thanks to my research of Pinterest, everything went very smoothly.

On Saturday morning, our loading crew arrived and packed our Uhaul, good and tight.  I had been so focused on getting everything ready and done that I pushed all of the emotions of moving very deep down to the very tip of my pinky toe.  I refused to let them out.

Until.

Saturday night.  Late.  Stephen told me that Krystal had written a tribute to her neighbors.  I feigned exhaustion and went to sleep.  The next day at church a friend in our ward asked me if I had seen Krystal's Facebook post.  I told her I'd been so busy that I hadn't had a chance to look.

After church I drove to our new home with the three kiddos and left Stephen for his after church meetings.  We had to take two cars.  Our 45 minute car ride to Boise, makes us plan ahead.  All three kids fell asleep and I knew I needed to read Krystal's post.  I'd been, knowingly, postponing the inevitable.  The emotion.

I read Krystal's post and I bawled.  I cried the rest of the evening.

I drove to our old house, in Boise, on Monday morning, to start cleaning.  I dropped the kids off at a friend's house.  I wanted to clean, and say goodbye, to our very first home, in peace.  I cried off and on for the first four hours of cleaning.

Stephen and I built this home.

We brought three babies to that house.

We had lived life in that house for six years.

It is hard to say goodbye.  BUT I know this next step is good for our family.  Middleton is where we are supposed to be to keep raising our family.

Thank you, Krystal, for being brave enough to even want to live next door to me.  The last five years with you have been something I am grateful to have had.  My only wish is that, someday, we will get it again.

Good bye, Boise.

1 comment:

Shane and Krystal Skaar said...

And everyone said we couldn't do it. We even both made it out alive! Barely. We miss you guys. Everytime we go for a walk Lexi still points at your house and waves.