Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Family Home Evening

Last night was my absolute favoritest family home evening ever.

For the first time, we handed out assignments to the kiddos.

Maycee was assigned the lesson.  Stephen the activity.  Cooper treats.  With my help.

I talked to Maycee during the day about what she would like to teach.  She told me a story that she had heard in primary, that she would do for her lesson.

That night we gathered in the piano room for FHE.  Maycee started her lesson with a question, "What does it mean when you are blind?"  We answered dutifully and she asked another question, "Who helps you when you are blind?"  Again we answered, and she asked a third question, "Is the Holy Ghost a spirit or a human?"  With every question we answered she would solemnly nod her head and say "good job" in such an emotionless tone that it was quite humorous.  Before we could answer her question about the Holy Ghost, Stephen let out a small laugh.  Maycee immediately turned her head and glared at him.  "DON'T LAUGH at my lesson!" She said, then continued.  She told a VERY detailed story that we had a hard time connecting, but was amazing to listen to.  So fun.  I can't believe how much she picks up at primary.  We finished the evening with hide and go seek.  Then Cooper "helped" me with the paleo chocolate mousse.  Super yummy.  Super easy.

No comments: