Friday, September 11, 2015

Potty Training

So.

Those two words are like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Especially since I have two that I have "potty trained" that both still have issues.

I did, however, have breakthrough with Cooper.

I've tried everything.  Seriously.  But this time I found a new trick that seemed to work.  Cooper has been pee trained since day three of potty training.  ...Almost a year ago.  Pooping has been the bane of our existence.  Three months ago I bought him two big, super cool cars that he wanted as a reward.  Still nothing.  A few weeks ago I gave up on healthy eating for this little stunt and provided him with Oreos for every poop.  It lasted about two days.  Then he was over it.

Well.

Here is my trick.

Just know, before I say this, I am a mean Mom.  But it is totally working.  So, I don't really care.

When the Oreo thing went out the window I pushed it a little bit farther.  When Cooper poops in his underwear now, everyone else gets an Oreo.  Except for Cooper.  The first time this happened, he had the biggest meltdown I have ever seen.  I didn't even bat an eye.  I put on my happy mommy face and ignored him.

That happened two more times.

Then he magically wanted Oreos again.  Now when he poops in the toilet everyone gets an Oreo.

That was four days ago.

I am really, really, really, really, really, really (to the 100th power) hoping that we have finally turned a corner.

1 comment:

~Kelsey and Nathan Taysom said...

HAHA I may have to try that!! Jude is doing really good at peeing in the toilet but has not yet pooped in the toilet!