Friday, March 4, 2016

Cooper's Test

W lot has happened with Cooper over the last 2 years.  Our pediatrician discovered that he has a bad thyroid and now been on thyroid medication for 2 years.  He has been stabbed about 8 times for blood draws to test further.

Through this whole thing Cooper has been a stud.

And I'm not just saying that because I am his mom.  Stephen has taken him for every blood draw due to my fear of needles.  Cooper has never once cried while getting poked.  The last time he had a blood draw, about two months ago, he winced.  That was his first reaction to it.

Today we entered a whole new ball game.

Stephen took Cooper to the downtown Boise children's hospital to get his pituitary gland tested.  Stephen had to have Cooper at the hospital at 8:30am having had no breakfast.  He also couldn't eat throughout the entire test.  The test took 6 hours.

They gave Cooper an IV as soon as he walked into the hospital.  Stephen said that he tried to get Cooper to not watch as they stuck the syringe into his arm, but Cooper's eyes were glued on what was happening to him.  But he never said a word of complaint.  They gave Cooper medication to hopefully stimulate his pituitary gland and then took blood from his IV after 30 minutes, 60 minutes, and 90 minutes.  They they gave him another shot of medication in his shoulder that was also to stimulate the pituitary gland and then took blood again at 30 minutes, 60 minutes, and 90 minutes.

I was sitting at home with the other 2 kids waiting anxiously the entire time.  We sent pictures and texts back and forth to keep spirits up between us.












We will find out in about 2 weeks what the test results will be.

I am so grateful that I have a husband that is my partner, companion, and best friend.  Today was a hard day for me, but he made it easier.

I am grateful for doctors and modern medicine that can help my son.

And most especially I am grateful to a Heavenly Father that gave me my family.

No comments: