Monday, April 6, 2009

Skittles

I participated in the funnest general conference session on Sunday morning. Stephen's boss, Ben, and his family invited us over for breakfast. We've gone over to their house a few times to hang out with them and their kids. They are a lot of fun!

When we first arrived we feasted on orange rolls, sausages, and scrambled eggs. With our gracious hosts we scarfed down on orange goodness.

Ben and Christy have five kids and the oldest is seven...I think. Stephen and I probably didn't help any on the reverence issue. Before conference even started we had those kids wound up and running around the house squealing, but THOSE KIDS WERE SO GOOD!! I was blown away at how good they were during conference. Ben and Christy had the greatest idea to get their kids to pay attention to conference! Just as the first session began, their oldest daughter, Sage, brought in a huge bag of skittles. The kids got one skittle every time they heard a key word that Ben had chosen for them to listen for.

One of their daughters, Addy, who is two, sat on my lap during most of conference. She had to have her blanket while I was holding her. Every time I heard a keyword, I would pull Addy off of my lap and pushed her towards her Dad. She would get so excited because she knew she was going to get a skittle that she would trip on her blanket and fall on her head. That never stopped her from getting her treat. As she ran to her dad she would say, "I heared it! I heared it!" She was so cute...darn those kids...one day we'll get one of those things!

For future reference I need to remember the skittle thing. That is a good idea.

No comments: