Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I am retarded...

For those of you who know me, you understand my lack of attentiveness when it comes to my car keys. I lose them quiet often. I never know where they are. I randomly leave them in places and can never find them. The most recent hiding places that my keys have found has been in my husband's car. I don't know why, but I leave them in there. I always realize where the keys are just as I walk out the door to get in my car...urgh!

On Monday, I had a huge list of things that I had to do. I made sure I was up early and got things done in the house and then walked out the door at 10:00am to go grocery shopping...without my car keys! AAAHHHHH!!!! I had done it again! Stephen's car was at work in Eagle, with my keys. Stephen also has my spare key. I know, dumb me.

I had to go grocery shopping that day because I was out of everything. Seriously my fridge was empty. It's kind of depressing to open your fridge and find that it is full of nothing. Therefore, I really had to go to the grocery store.

I tried to get a hold of my sister, Krystal, to borrow her car. She didn't answer and so I assumed that she was at work. I figured that her work wasn't too far from my house, so I got on my bike and rode through traffic. I surpassed numerous hills, bits of traffic here and there, and finally made it to Complex Care Hospital (Krystal's work). Luckily for me, she was there. I borrowed her car, stuffed my bike in the back, and drove to Stephen's work to get my keys. By the time I got to Container and Packaging (Stephen's work), my bike tire was completely flat. Blah! I now had another problem.

I called a friend to come pick me up at Complex. Two hours later I began my day...gggrrrrrr. I really learned my lesson the hard way this time. Your only set of spare keys should not be on your husbands key chain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least it's a lesson you'll never forget? ..I hope? =)