Monday, August 24, 2009

Ice Cream Potatoes?

I am an Idaho Farm girl. I was raised in the middle of nowhere. My Dad grows potatoes. Why is it that I had never heard of an ice cream potato until August 22, 2009 at the age of twenty-six? (GASP) I know. I was quite startled myself when I heard of them.

Stephen's Aunt and Uncle and cousins came up from Utah this weekend to visit and we all went out for Ice Cream Potatoes. When I first saw what they looked like, I was kind of grossed out. They seriously looked like potatoes with whip cream and oreos on top. Don't you worry...it wasn't a real potato and it was glorious! Vanilla ice cream dipped in cocoa, smothered in chocolate syrup, and topped with whipped cream and oreos. Your mouth is watering. I can tell.

Anyone who wants to come visit Stephen and Kami we will take you out for Ice Cream Potatoes. Then YOU can experience heaven for yourself.

No comments: