Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Favorite Things About Being A Mom

1. Every morning when Maycee wakes up, she is SO excited to see me! She kicks her legs, gives me a huge smile, and she coos.

2. When Maycee is really tired, but can't fall asleep, I pick her up and lay her on my shoulder. She whimpers for a few minutes and then goes limp from utter exhaustion. Then we cuddle...

3. After pulling her off of my shoulder and there is a huge spot of drool on my shirt.

4. BATH TIME!! Maycee loves the bathtub. As I lower her into the water and her fist and feet hit first, she recoils at the new sensation. As soon as she realizes where she is at, she kicks and flails her arms tirelessly. Her eyes are squinting the entire time because she splashes water in her face, but that doesn't stop the splashing.

5. Conversations with Maycee. She listens to me talk to her for a little while, but then she tells a very long story with a lot of smiles.

6. During her fussy periods, when she is being held by someone other than Mom or Dad, she is given back to me to calm.

7. Kissing her neck when she coos and tries to scrunch her neck.

8. Singing to Maycee and she doesn't care what it sounds like.

9. Rocking Maycee to sleep.

10. BEING A MOM! I really didn't think I would feel this way about this new job that I have.

No comments: