Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oh!

While setting up the church for a Relief Society activity, I asked a couple of kids to "watch" Maycee in her car seat. The little five-year-old girl and three-year-old boy were enthralled by Maycee.

Walking out of the gym I looked over to see what the kids were doing. I said to the five-year-old, "Maycee is very entertained by you!"

Little girl, "Huh? What does that mean?"

Me, "Uh, she is content with you. Do you know what that means?"

Little girls shakes head in the negative.

Me, "...She is enjoying you. Do you know what that means?"

Little girl, "Ohhhh, she likes me!"

Me, "Yes, she likes you."

Well, duh. I really have to get used talking to kids.

1 comment:

Nicole Ray said...

That is so funny! It get's harder because then they start asking what words mean that is really hard to define. Hunter keeps asking what does before mean? Well it means......before? I have the hardest time defining that one!