Friday, October 8, 2010

The Worst Day Ever!

Poor little miss Maycee had to get her two month shots yesterday. It was very traumatic. According to one of my friends in the ward, more traumatic for me than for Maycee.

Stephen so graciously got off work early to go to the doctor's office with me. The last time that we were at the doctor's office we were frazzled, stressed, and in definite need of great amounts of sleep. That was twelve days after her birth. It seems like eons ago.

I am so glad that we chose the doctor that we did. Everyone at the office is so nice and always gives us TONS of compliments on how cute of a little girl that we have. We agree.

ANYWAY...the nurse took us back to the room of torture. On our way she showed off little Maycee's flower headband to everyone who passed us. She was so cute!

In our room, the doctor came to give Maycee her checkup. She is getting SO big! She is now 10lbs 15.5oz and 22.5in long.

The doctor left and in came the nurse. We laid her on the little bed and I held her legs while Stephen held her arms. The nurse gave her one shot in the leg and the instant the shot penetrated her skin Maycee got this look of pain in her face. Two seconds later she began to sob. I have never heard her cry like that! I immediately told Stephen that he had to hold her legs for the next one and I would hold her arms.

Maycee continued to sob through the next shot. As soon as it was finished I picked her up off the table to consol her...I started to cry. I've never heard her cry like that! I couldn't get her to stop crying either! That made me cry even more. I continued my silent tears for the next hour...even though Maycee had stopped. This is only the beginning...

No comments: