Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bottles

Maycee tried her first bottle today.

She hated it.

BUT we kept trying.

Every time Stephen would put the bottle in her mouth, she would begin to suck on it, but then wail. I think she realized the little bits of milk that poured into her mouth from the bottle made her realize how much more hungry she was and then wailed all the more.

Stephen gave up and handed Maycee and the bottle to me.

I tried to give Maycee the bottle and she wailed harder. She could smell that I was the one who was supposed to be feeding her the right way. I gave in for a minute and nursed her for about 30 seconds. After she calmed down and was eating I began to explain to her that Mom and Dad needed her to take a bottle so when we had to be away from her for more than four hours she could still get food.

I stopped nursing her and gave her the bottle. She started to resist, but then began to drink. She drank half of the bottle and I gave her to Stephen to finish feeding. Watching Stephen feed Maycee was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. I didn't realized how much Stephen missed out on by not feeding Maycee. You could see that he really enjoying seeing that side of her.

Stephen is an amazing dad.

I am the luckiest woman ever.

Good job Maycee.

No comments: