Sunday, November 7, 2010

Poor Maycee

This morning I awoke to Maycee's cries at 6:30am. Her cries were soft which normally indicates that she will go back to sleep. After a minute, I went to check on her.

As I walked towards Maycee's room, her cry sounded muffled. I immediately began to panic and quickened my pace. I turned on the lamp as I entered her room and walked to her crib. Maycee's blanket was all the way over her head and her little legs were kicking wildly out of the bottom of her blanket.

I pulled the blanket off of Maycee and she was a little anxious.

This little girl moves too much in her sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a squirmy kid hahaha...I've never had kids (obviously), so I'm not sure what the protocol is on blanket use, but I'm interning at CPS (Child Protective Services) right now, and we usually tell parents to put their kids in snug sleepers rather than use blankets because the risk of getting unfavorably stuck under blankets is so high.

Jamie Harmon said...

We swaddled Emma when she was littler. It actually seemed to help her sleep better, too.

Erin said...

You don't know me. I don't know you. But I read your blog because it comes up on Emily Jeter's blog.

I live in Beaumont and have a little girl who is the same age as Maycee. I love to read about your baby and yes, compare where mine is developmentally.

Is that weird? Please say no.

Please, when you go private, can I still read your blog? I promise that I'm semi-normal. And I won't leave any more half-psycho comments on your blog. I promise. I think.