Monday, December 12, 2011

Ornament Exchange Party

About a month ago Jodi, one of my friends, came to me and asked if I wanted to help her throw a Christmas Party for...everyone.  No exaggeration.  She wanted to invite all of the women in our ward.

We have 185 women in our ward.  About 100 that semi-attend.

We set the date for December 8th at 7pm and the planning began.

We really wanted to give everyone a personal invitation.  Not any of that E-vite stuff.  Something that would make all of our guests feel wanted.  I got an invitation together and Jodi took it to Costco with her 100 4x6 prints for free and we printed them up and hand delivered every one of them.  It took quite a while.

The night of the party came and Jodi and I were unsure of what to expect.  We had asked people to RSVP and had about 25 women call us and respond.  By 7:30 Jodi's house was full of 40 very loud and excited women.  I couldn't believe the turnout, but it was SO much fun.  According to one of my friends, Lani, who attended she said the night was like "Relief Society on steroids".  It was hilarious.

We all brought a homemade or store bought ornament to exchange and the excitement began.

It was a blast!

After most of the guests had left there were about 8 of us that sat around and chatted for a while.  That was the moment I realized that Jodi had Christmas music playing in the background.  It was that loud.

Thanks Jodi for having such an awesome idea!

No comments: