Thursday, May 29, 2014

Best. Day. Ever.

I love holidays.  It really doesn't matter what holiday it is.  On Monday we celebrated Memorial Day!!  I really need to find a cool way to really celebrate that holiday, but this year it was family day.

We started off our morning by going on our first ever family bike ride.  Now we've gone on a lot of bike rides previous to this one, but this one was monumental.  Maycee rode her own bike.  When Maycee turned two, my parents got her a Strider bike.  She picked up on that thing very quickly.  It is now her favorite thing to do outside.  So this year Maycee was fast enough to ride with us!  Stephen had on the bike trailer with the boys inside and Maycee rode the Strider in between Stephen and I on our own bikes.  It was so fun!!

...

Sorry no pix. :(

That afternoon we met Marc and Kenna for a picnic at a park close to their house.  It was awesome.

I do have a few pictures of that event!  Cooper was obsessed with a little school bus that you could drive.



Stephen and Marc's play toy.  That thing just turned them in circles.  It kinda made me sick.  I don't know why, but Stephen in drawn to those things.  Turning in circles makes me want to hurl.



Maycee went from one playmate to another.  She is such a social butterfly.  I think she played with at least 4 other kids, all at different times, while at that park.  That so was not me.


Cooper kept stealing Marc's football so that he could put it on the school bus.


Our shady eatin' place.


After naps that afternoon we pulled out the kids' pool and let them play around in it.  It was actually quite cold, but Stephen started a water fight that Maycee was not going to back down from.  They all ended up soaking wet.  Cooper was kind of an innocent bystander.  He doesn't like cold water.  Like his mom.  He would splash someone and then run away, giggling.

 


Warming up on the cement.  I remember doing this when I was growing up!






I have the cutest family ever!

No comments: