Saturday, May 24, 2014

Mommy/Maycee Date Night

I love being able to go out with just my little girl.  I think that most of the dates we have been on together have been shopping for clothes for Maycee.  I don't think Maycee really cares because we always go out for a treat afterwards.  She also doesn't have her brothers around to compete for attention.



While at dinner, we have started a new tradition.  We go around the table and ask,  "What was sad about your day?  What was happy about your day?"  Maycee asks Stephen and me the questions and either Stephen or I ask Maycee.  A lot of the time I wonder if Maycee really understands those emotions.  Her answers don't always fit the question.  While at Dairy Queen, I asked Maycee the questions.  Her responses fit perfectly.

"Maycee, what was sad about your day?"

"Daddy ate my bread," she said.

"What was happy about your day?"

"I got to go on a date with Mommy!"

It sure made my day!

Just as a little side note, I have learned something about Maycee.  About six months in to preschool, Maycee started to tell me that she wanted to be a teacher when she grows up.  She has told me that at least four times.  It will be neat to see if she keeps to that answer!

No comments: