Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Saturday morning we woke up early and drove to the farm.  We were able to go see my dad get his awesome scouting award in Blackfoot!  He received the Silver Beaver Award.  Shane called it his 'Golden Wombat'.  I couldn't stop laughing when he said that...

After the 2 hour ceremony we went to eat at a local Mexican restaurant.  Cooper sat very quietly on Stephen's lap the whole time.  It was pretty late.  We didn't get to the restaurant until around 9pm.  My kiddos go to bed between 7 and 8.  After we had all eaten and were getting ready to leave, Cooper leaned over and threw up everything in his little system.  It was a TON.  Poor little guy.

We got home around 11pm and put everyone to bed.

Cooper fell asleep in the car.

Maycee did not.

At around 5am, I awoke to Maycee yelling my name from the other room.  My mom and I met there and Maycee said she had thrown up.  With Stephen and Dad, we were all awake bustling around to clean up and get her back to bed.  Maycee's 'back to bed' was in my parents' bed watching Netflicks.

I went back to my bed.  To sleep longer.

Apparently Maycee threw up three more times before 8am.  Good thing she told my parents every time and she made it to the toilet.

Thank you Mom and Dad!!

Needless to say, we stayed home from church.  I was really sad, actually.  It was Maycee's first Sunday to get up and sing with the primary kids.  She was even going to be able to do it in my parent's ward with my mom as the chorister.

Oh well.

That afternoon we were present for the purpose of our trip.

Our missionary, Sister Karli Lyn, Skyped us!

She has almost finished her first transfer.  She is currently in Savannah, Georgia and doing awesome!!  It was great to talk to her and to see her grow.  It only gets better from here.

This weekend has been a whirlwind.  I'm glad we were able to do everything.

Finally, I just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day!!  To my mom.  You are such a great example to me of a hardworking mom.  You always go.  You always make sure everyone else is taken care of.  Even when you are dead tired.  You go until it is done.  There is no part of you that would be described as lazy.  I WANT TO DO THAT!!!!

Thanks, Mom.

I love you.

No comments: