Sunday, August 10, 2014

Maycee's Birthday #4

Maycee is finally 4.  Most of her friends have already turned 4, so it feels like she has been here for a while.  Since her birthday was on a Wednesday and Stephen had work and mutual, we decided to do presents and cake on Wednesday and save all of the fun stuff until Saturday.

The night before Maycee's birthday I put balloons on her bed so that she would wake up and see them.  I thought I had a lot more colors, but I only had 1 blue and 1 green and 15 blacks (from Stephen's 30th birthday...a year ago).


When Maycee woke up she didn't even notice the balloons.  She came into our room and I had to drag her back to her bedroom to show her the surprise.

In the morning we went to the park.  Check out the cutie birthday girl!  She definitely picked out her special birthday outfit.




Maycee picked these beautiful flowers for us!






While the boys were down for their naps, I gave Maycee and manicure and pedicure.  I am SO slow.  It took me two episodes of 'My Little Pony' and a full Tinkerbell Movie to finish.  In my defense, I put three layers on every nail.

Isn't this the coolest birthday cake ever!  Maycee was SO excited.  She told everyone that I built her Arendelle for her birthday cake.  She requested a pink and purple birthday cake.  So awesome.  I am having so much fun creating these fun cakes for my family.






Cooper had such a hard time on Maycee's birthday.  He wanted to open all of Maycee's presents and play with them himself.  Hard life of a two-year-old.


We got Maycee 2 dress up dresses, a tea set, and 2 my little pony figurines that she didn't have.


Cooper ran in front of my camera just as I took this picture.  Check out that cute smile I missed!  She LOVED her dresses and tea set.  She's been playing 'tea party' almost non-stop.


Couldn't get it again.



Singing our 'Happy Birthday' songs with Grandma on facetime.  Maycee was a little upset because Cooper helped her blow out the candles.




On Saturday we woke up and started off the fun.  Stephen and the kiddos filled water balloons for 45 minutes.  It took us 5 minutes to 'unfill' all of those things.  It didn't help that Cooper would pick them up and throw them on the ground because he liked the look and sound and mess that it made.

When the boys went down for a nap Stephen, Maycee, and I had a special tea party.  Maycee requested that Stephen wear his suit and I wear my wedding dress.  Stephen bartered with Maycee and he ended up wearing his normal church attire, except with his shorts on.

Maycee was our hostess.  We pulled her little table outside and sat around it while Maycee poured us lemonade and served 'crumpets'.  It was actually the leftover strawberry wafers from her birthday cake.  We had SO much fun!!  I taught Maycee to hold her pinky up, serve guests first, and to always say 'please' and 'thank you'.



Right after we took these pictures my camera died.  SO we didn't get pictures of the actual tea party.  Next time.

After the boys woke up we went to the Meridian Pool with Stephen's family.  Again, no pictures, dead camera.  We all had a ton of fun at the pool and then came home for our treat and movie.  I popped popcorn, Maycee's favorite treat, drizzled white chocolate on it, then added fun sprinkles.  Then we watched Aladdin.



Happy Birthday Maycee!!  We love you!  And we love celebrating you.

No comments: