Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Life sometimes isn't so fun.

We have been sick since Halloween.  It started with Stephen and went to the kids.  Then back to Stephen, then back to the kids.

F - O - R - E - V - E - R

Seriously.

It was only a minor annoyance until I got sick.  The week after Thanksgiving.  I started to hack. Like, cough, hack.  It sounded awful.

On Christmas Eve everyone sounded so horrible (minus Stephen) that we canceled our traditional Christmas Eve sledding expedition.

That night, after the kids were in bed, the right side near my ribs started to hurt every time that I would breathe.  Crazy me, we still went to the farm on Christmas.  The day after Christmas, Stephen took us all to a health clinic.  They took x-rays of my ribs and then sent us out the doors with A LOT of drugs.  Wow.  Did I feel better.  They had me on a steroid, norco, and an inhaler.

Two days later the clinic called to tell me that I had pneumonia.  The next day all of my drugs ran out and I was on an antibiotic.  Again, I felt like crap.

Five days later, January 2, finally back at our house, I still felt awful.  Stephen took me to another doctor.  Thankfully, our amazing Relief Society President, watched our kids while he took me.

They told me that I had viral pneumonia and there was nothing they could do for me.  I just had to wait for it to 'run its course'.

Well.

Today I sit typing my woes.

I am finally feeling better.  Not 100%, but better.

I've decided that I can handle sick kids.

But I CANNOT handle a sick mama.

1 comment:

~Kelsey and Nathan Taysom said...

Glad you are finally getting better!! It is no fun when you are the one sick!