Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Lucky Number Seven

Today is Stephen and my anniversary.  With it being Sunday, we decided to celebrate the day with the kids and then do our own thing this weekend.

To begin the celebration we made a seven layer cake.  For our seven years together.  I've been planning this cake for over a year.  I found it on pinterest, but because it had seven layers, I decided to wait until our seventh anniversary.


From the bottom up: Brownie with Marshmallow Frosting, Chocolate Chip Cookie with Marshmallow Frosting, Cheesecake with Chocolate Frosting, Graham Crackers with Chocolate Frosting, Cheesecake with Marshmallow Frosting, Chocolate Chip Cookie with Marshmallow Frosting, Brownie with Chocolate Frosting covering the entire cake.

Someone created this cake because of their love of s'mores.  Since Stephen loves s'mores, I figured it would be perfect.  We had to make the cake the day before so that it would 'marinate'.  ;)

While frosting the thing early Sunday morning, I dropped the cake on my leg as I was turning the cake plate to frost it.  Luckily the cake was so dense, it didn't really do any damage.




Sunday night, Stephen cut the cake and we served it up with vanilla ice cream.




Note: THAT CAKE WAS TOO MUCH SUGAR!!!  After Maycee ate about half of her piece, she pushed it away and said, "I have a tummy ache."  Yes.  My four-year-old said that.  We decided that Stephen would take the rest of the cake to work the next day.  However, it was really fun to make together!

Cutie pictures of the lucky couple!



Maycee really wanted to be in the pictures.  She was very upset we were taking pictures without her.


We were trying to get us with the cake...



And we had to take pictures with the kiddos so they didn't feel left out.



Seven is my lucky number.  So here is to our lucky year!!!

I apologize beforehand for being sappy.  It is, however, my anniversary.

STEPHEN!!!  I LOVE you SO much!!!!  I am the luckiest woman in the world.  Heavenly Father knew that I needed you.  My mom also counts her lucky stars that I picked you.  She thought I was going to marry some stuffy accountant.  I have the best of both worlds with you.  You always make me laugh and you make me want to be better.

Thank you lover, lover! ;)

No comments: