Monday, March 2, 2015

Still Living the Dream

During scripture study last week Ollie was actually cuddling with Stephen.  So, I had to take a picture.  And this happened.


Still cute.


And because I was taking pictures of Ollie, I was required to take pictures of everyone.



Still cute.

The kids have a very interesting way of 'playing' with Stephen when he is tired.  He lays on the floor and they crawl and climb and jump all over him.  They've done it for a long time, but this time, I actually got pictures.  Ollie is now able to participate.  Walking has given him a whole new world.




Oliver has learned to tackle with the best of them.  On this particular night I saw him jump on Maycee, while she was standing, wrap his arms and legs around her legs, and then drop to the ground.  It would have been a perfect move except for the fact that he happened to land under Maycee's body and began to cry from his injuries...he'll learn.

Today was especially exciting.  We built a fort!!  It started with Maycee playing under my ironing board that has my current sewing project draped all over it.  I personally think that ironing boards were created by child haters, so I didn't really want her playing near that.  (Seriously!?  Who created this wobbly, unstable board on stilts that supports a very heavy, burning piece of metal?!?!?!)

Anyway.

Maycee and Cooper played quite happily in that thing for 20 minutes.

Then they broke it.  Three times.

And sobbed hopelessly when I refused to fix it a fourth.

I told them they had to build their next one.



Maycee's next fort I did not get a picture of.  She put a ton of blankets over this small 2' by 2' table that stood about 2 feet high.  It was her domain.  She prohibited Cooper's entrance.

No comments: