Sunday, November 22, 2015

Funnies from kiddos

1. Oliver locked himself in my bedroom in the rental.  Darn those push locks.  While kneeling on the floor, super annoyed because it takes FOREVER for me to open those doors, Maycee kneeled next to me and asked, "Are you gonna beat that kid?"

Apparently I need to tone down on my verbal threats.

2. While saying the prayer over the food, Maycee said, "Please bless this baby to be a girl."  24 hours later I asked Maycee what we should name the baby if it was a boy.  She said, "I don't want a boy!"

My reply, "Heavenly Father decides if we are going to have a boy or a girl."

Maycee, "I SAID A PRAYER!!"

We shall see if the faith of a child will confirm the gender of the unborn fetus.

3. On a drive home, Cooper asked about monsters.  I told him that monsters weren't real and so he didn't have to worry about them.

"What about dragons?  Are dragons real?"

"No, Cooper, dragons aren't real.  They are pretend." I replied.

"DRAGONS ARE TOO REAL, MOM!!!  I saw one.  In our back yard.  He bit my shoe off.  It hurt my toe."

I was trying hard not to laugh.  "You saw a dragon?  How come I didn't see it?"

"You were not outside.  Then a tiger bit my forehead off, but it didn't hurt."

4. While on a walk down our new street the kids adopted the neighbor's cat.  When trying to get the kids to finally go home I told them I was going to go home without them.  Maycee had a quick response, "We know the way home."

5. Maycee's favorite foods: (As told by her) chips, hot chocolate, grapefruit, and fruit leather.

6. It is the funniest thing listening to Oliver bust out "Let it go" at the top of his lungs.  He had no idea I was listening....

No comments: