Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Fortieth Great-Grandchild

So my grandmother called me this morning while I was at work. Let me give you the dialogue:

Kami: Hi Grandma!
Grandma: OH! I didn't think that you were going to answer the phone while you were at work. I figured that I would be talking to the answering machine...Are you going to get fired if you talk to me while you are at work?!
Kami: No, you're okay, we can talk for a minute or so.
Grandma: OH! I'm SO sorry, I'll talk to you later Kami D. Luv ya! (Click)

Yeah, she hung up on me. She really needs to get those hearing aids fixed.

I called her back a little bit later while I was on break. She had something very important that she felt needed to be said. For those of you who don't know, my grandmother is 85 years old and I honestly believe that she will live forever. Anyway...back to the important discussion...Grandma has decided that she is ready for her next greatgrandchild.

My brother, sister, and I all got married in a period of nine months (I know, my poor mother). According to my grandma the next greatgrandchild will be number 40 and she has given up hope on anyone else except for my siblings and I. I've talked to my brother and he said no. I guess it will just have to be up to the younger sister than. Sister, you know who you are, get cracking!

No comments: