Sunday, May 17, 2009

GARDEN!?!

After much long and arduous hard work, I now have a garden. On Friday evening at 9:00p.m., Stephen and I finished planting the last of our future crops.

Here is my hubby planting one of our green peppers. He was having a really hard time deciding whether to plant the green peppers in front, or the red peppers. Decisions, decisions.

After much deep thought and consideration, these are the plants that made it to the garden: we have raspberries, strawberries, flowers, corn, pumpkins, green beans, zucchini, onions, cucumbers, red peppers, green peppers, carrots, and tomatoes (which Stephen lovingly calls strawberries. I guess he figures that they are both red...)

We went to church today, bragging of our huge feat. After telling a fellow church member of our pumpkins, he stopped us and said, "You CANNOT plant pumpkins. They are the worst to take care of!"

I stopped him and said, "But I have to try it just once!"

His reply, "That's what they say about meth too! I'm just going to try it once...look what happens to them!"

So...future pumpkin planters beware. It is comparable to meth...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks beautiful!!
oh, and I'll be sure to send you an invite if I marry "my" missionary!! =) hahhahaaha 5 more months!