Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fun in the Sun

I love summer! I love water! I love sun! I get really excited for the warm months and try to take advantage of them. Derek, my cousin, and his wife, Becky, invited us to go boating with them. Here is my studly hubby on the wake board. He was the star of the show.


Derek's son, Sedrick, was in the boat with us and was watching Stephen's every move. Stephen almost landed a 360 when Sedrick began to yell, "DADDY! STEPHEN DID A JUMP SOMERSAULT! DAAAD! STEPHEN DID A JUMP SOMERSAULT! DAD! DAAAAD! STEPHEN DID A JUMP SOMERSAULT!" He was quite excited about that and went on for quite some time.

Here is Stephen and Sedrick in the water. Every time that we stopped to pick someone up, Sedrick had to jump in the water.

After everyone else in the boat had a ride on the wake board, it was my turn. Watch out world...here comes the crazy chic! Stephen and Shane were in the boat trying to convince me to cross the wake. Yeah that wasn't happening. This was only my second try on the wake board. Getting up wasn't too bad, but every time I tried to get close to the wake, I ate water...literally.

After our adventures on the wake board, Stephen wanted to try the tube. After persuading me to get on with him, much disaster was seen.


When Stephen and I were on together, I lasted fifteen seconds before I rolled off. Stephen, on the other hand, lasted long enough for Derek to turn around to come and get me. This is the picture that we caught of Stephen after that. Isn't it cool?!

The master crash had to be Shane's. He had some crazy, cool crashes on the wake board, but the fun ones were his solo ride on the tube. We were close to the beach when he made those crashes. Becky, who was on the beach, said that everyone was watching and laughing at Shane and his dire circumstances. Derek was doing everything in his power to get Shane off. When Shane was whipped off, he literally rolled twice on top of the water before sinking. He was really going that fast. PARTY! Sorry you missed it Krystal...we missed you!

No comments: