Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thank Heaven for Nice People

As you saw in my camping post, Stephen's car overheated. Well, his car first overheated three weeks before that. After the camping overheat we decided to take the car in and get an estimate on how much it was going to cost to fix.

On the day we were to take the car in, Stephen drove the car to work. I was to take my car to Stephen's work and switch it out to get his to the repair shop. On Stephen's way to work, the car overheated again. Even as I was driving his car out of the parking lot, the car began to overheat.

I had to pull that car over every three minutes and let it cool down. I wasn't making much progress. After pulling over a total of six times, I pulled into a Walgreen's parking lot and lifted the hood. I was contemplating buying more coolant/antifreeze when this lady walked out of the store and said, "Car problems?"

I replied in the affirmative.

She handed me an old antifreeze container full of water. She said that I could keep the container and drove off.

That water got me to the repair shop.

Thank you to the nameless lady that helped me out!

No comments: