Monday, September 21, 2009

Church Choir

We have church choir every Sunday at 11:45. Church starts at 12:30, so it helps us get to church early and get a seat on the soft chairs. ...Yes we really have that many people in our ward. This particular Sunday I sat in the choir seats next to one of our ward members' little girl. I think she is four. Stephen and I have a history with this little girl, we will call May.

May's family has sat in front of us, or on the side of us numerous times. We always make faces at her (in the middle of church) and she smiles. Getting a smile out of this little girl is quite difficult. She is very mellow and very matter of fact. I've never met a little girl like her, but she is just fun to get to know.

During choir May leaned over to me and asked, "Where is your dad?"

I sat there for a second not sure how to respond. From that question I knew that she thought Stephen was my Dad and not my husband. I knew it, I look like a little kid!

I leaned down to her and said, "My dad doesn't live her, but my husband is sitting in the back of the chapel."

"Oh." She said, and scooted back in her chair.

No comments: