Sunday, May 30, 2010

The beginning...

I did it again. I planted a garden. Only, this year I wasn't sure that it was really going to happen.

Last year I planted the first weekend in May. This year the first weekend in May we were still worrying about frost. Weird weather. We live in Idaho.

I began planting last Wednesday, May 19th. As I was tilling up the ground, I hit something with my shovel. Pulling the dirt away, I realized my problem...I HAD PUT A HOLE IN MY SPRINKLER PIPE!!!! GGRRRRRRR!

I was just about to give up on my garden...BUT I COULDN'T GIVE UP!

I planted all around where my hole was and left space to be able to fix it. I planted the tomatoes, green beans, onions, zucchini, cucumber, and pumpkin...and of course my flowers! I had to wait for my corn.

When Stephen got home, I told him of my problem. He got right on top of things and figured out how to fix it and then fixed it within a couple of days! My hubby is amazing. Even though Stephen fixed my hole so quickly, it took me another week and a half to plant the corn, on May 29th.

Here are the pictures of the final product...oh wait! I forgot the cool thing that Stephen did to my garden. This year he surrounded it with weather treated railroad ties. They look great and they will actually keep out the grass this year.

No comments: