Thursday, May 27, 2010

Reminiscing

Last Saturday we fed the missionaries. The weather that day was miserable. It was cloudy and gloomy and rainy all day.

Stephen and I decided that we should feed the elders breakfast for dinner. We made Belgium waffles and had strawberries and bananas and apples...as an aside my new favorite is waffles topped with strawberries and buttermilk syrup, yum!...

Anyway, watching them in our house soaking wet from walking in the rain made a whole bunch of memories surface.

I served a mission in Houston, TX. I have never been in so much rain in my life. I'm not kidding. The term, "raining cats and dogs" definitely applied in Texas. I remember riding my bike or walking in the rain numerous times.

Stephen and Shane kept telling the Elders that it went by really fast. One Elder had been out three months and the other had been out nine months...In the beginning of the mission it did not feel like it was going fast. Especially in those moments when you were soaking wet and you still had another four hours to work until dinner or the end of the day.

As I sat back and watched the interaction between the missionaries and the guys, I felt myself get pulled back to my recollections of the mission. It was hard. VERY hard, but I am so glad that I did it. THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST IS TRUE! My testimony of Jesus Christ grew leaps and bounds and I was so grateful to have the opportunity to serve.

Maybe someday my little girl will get that opportunity.

No comments: