Sunday, May 30, 2010

Where is Baby?!

We have the coolest neighbors! We actually haven't seen them since we went over to visit during Christmas, so they just found out that we are pregnant. They have a little boy, Michael, who just turned two and is quite curious.

Jalene, Michael's mom, began to explain to him that I had a baby in my belly. Michael looked very confused. Jalene continued to explain the baby and then turned to me and said, "This is the first time that I have had this conversation with him. He's never seen anyone pregnant before." Jalene put her hand to my belly and said that Michael could touch the baby.

Michael slowly put his hand to my belly and then pulled it away, still staring at my stomach. After staring for a few moments he reached his hand to the bottom of my shirt with the attempt to lift it up and look for the baby underneath. I stopped him just before he lifted my shirt and started to laugh. He thought the baby was under my shirt! Little kids think so literally!

Kids "do" the darnedest things...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids are so funny! I want to see some pictures of your cute little bump!

Jamie Harmon said...

I second that-- where are the prego pics?