Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Four Fantastic Days in Maycee's Life

I need to explain a few things.

On my side of the family, Maycee is currently the only grandchild/niece.  She has 2 grandparents, 4 aunts, and 3 uncles.  All of which were constantly giving her attention for   f-o-u-r   w-h-o-l-e   d-a-y-s.  I never changed a diaper.  Never fed her.  Never really even gave her any attention...unless Kory had made her cry...Kory you know it's true.  I'm surprised she recognized me when we put her in the car seat to take her home.

Maycee has been awful since coming home.  She has been under my feet and whining ever since she woke up on Monday morning.  She has been missing her constant attention.

We pulled into the farm at 9pm on Wednesday night and things began running.  It didn't stop until we left on Sunday night.

On Thanksgiving day everyone had there own assignments on what we were to cook.  We almost had to start taking numbers to use the oven.

My mom made THE best candied yams I have ever tasted.  She always makes them, but this year was definitely the best.  She also added walnuts!  There were a few disgruntled family members at that decision.  Namely Kory, Stephen, and Karli.  They all fought over the "non-nut" corner.

Charisse made the most beautiful rolls ever.  They tasted amazing!  They were homemade crescent rolls...who doesn't love those?  I think I ate seven of them on Thursday.  I had to do something with the leftover gravy that kept appearing on my plate.

I gave Stephen the camera during the preparation of the feast and this is the awesomeness that was captured on film.


It was really nice to sit down and see everyone around the dinner table...except Krystal and Shane...we missed you guys terribly!!!!

Thursday night Kory and Charisse taught us a new fun game.  Signs.  Wow.  I cannot even believe some of the stuff that my dad got away with in that game.  Poor Karli was the butt of that one...I seriously don't know how Dad pulled that off.  I guess Kelsey was quicker than we expected.

Friday started early...kind of.  We ran out the door at 4:45am to go and catch some good sales for Black Friday.  Honestly, that was the slowest Black Friday I have ever been too!  Since they opened up some stores at 10pm or 12pm the day before, most stores were virtually empty.  We still got some good deals though.  Stephen and I are all about the 50% off of socks and buy one get one free game at Fred Meyer.  I still think that we need to just hole up there.  They give you free donuts and apple juice!

We ended our shopping experience at the traditional restaurant, Perkins.  Mmmm.  Good stuff.  Kelsey and Nathan met us in Pocatello for "breakfast".  I guess they weren't too keen about hanging out with a bunch of crazy people in the early am hours...

Later on we all got the show of our lives.  Karli is amazing!  She performed her humorous solo that she is taking to State on Thursday.  I really wish she would have let me film it.  Then I could have shown it off!  She really was hilarious.  I couldn't stop laughing and was grinning from ear to ear.  KARLI YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

Friday night we played "Would You Rather..."

Fun game...

...You should try it.

Saturday morning Krystal and Shane showed up!  We weren't expecting them until later that night.  After Kory and Charisse had left.  Yeah!

That afternoon Krystal wouldn't let us rest for one minute.  We played Balderdash, ping-pong, and a host of numerous other things that I can't seem to remember right now.

Sunday we were off to church in Rockland.  My parent's building in American Falls is being revamped and they are being sent to Rockland for church until the middle of December.  Everyone took turns holding Maycee in church.  I think Karli had her the most...that is until Sunday School when Dad mysteriously left with her.  He brought her back for Relief Society, screaming her head off with a huge gash in her head and a stinky diaper.  Dad sure knows how to work the system.

Sunday night we left completely exhausted from our Thanksgiving holiday at 6:30pm.

'Til the next together holiday everyone!  We had a blast.

No comments: